The Annual General Meeting of the Company shall be held, as far as possible, before May 1st each year and at a time and place fixed by the Board
- The business of the Annual General Meeting shall be:
- To receive the Statement of Accounts with respect to the previous financial year and a report upon the business of the Company during that year and upon the prospects of the Company during the forthcoming year.
- To elect Directors.
- To appoint the Hon. Auditor.
- To transact any special business of the Company of which due notice shall have been given.
- To transact any other business normally carried out at an Annual General Meeting.
- Special General Meetings shall be convened by the Secretary either by Order of the Board or upon a requisition signed by at least twelve shareholders, and such Special General Meetings shall be held as soon as possible after the receipt of such Order or requisition at such time and place as shall be fixed by the Secretary, and the Notice convening such Special General Meetings shall state the precise purposes for which the Special General Meeting is being convened.
- Notice convening a General Meeting shall state the time and place thereof and the purposes for which it is being convened and shall be posted or delivered to the registered address of each owner not less than seven clear days before the date of the meeting, such period of seven clear days being exclusive of the day of posting or delivery and of the date of the meeting respectively. The quorum requisite for General Meetings will be twenty members, present in person.
- The Chairman or the Vice-Chairman of the Board shall preside as Chairman at every General Meeting of the Association. If the Chairman or Vice-Chairman is unable to attend they may delegate another member of the Association to chair the meeting.
- Every question and proposition at a General Meeting shall be decided in the first instance by a show of hands when each share represented shall have one vote only. If, upon a show of hands and before the Chairman has declared the result of the Resolution, any shareholder present is not satisfied, they may demand a poll. If a poll be demanded it shall be taken at once if possible or at such time and in such manner as the Chairman may appoint. If a poll be not demanded, a declaration by the Chairman that a Resolution has been carried or not carried or carried or not carried by a particular majority and an entry to that effect in the Minute Book of the Company shall be conclusive evidence of the fact without proof of the number or proportion of the votes recorded in favour of or against such Resolution. If a poll be demanded, every shareholder represented in person or by proxy shall have one vote, and upon a poll being taken as above mentioned, the result of such poll shall be declared by the Chairman and an entry of such declared result in the Minute Book of the Company shall be conclusive evidence of the fact without proof of the number or proportion of the votes recorded in favour of or against such Resolution.
- Subject as hereinbefore mentioned with respect to the amount of the annual contribution, all questions at General Meetings of the Association of whatsoever nature shall be determined by a simple majority of votes. In case of an equality of votes at any General Meeting, either upon a show of hands or on a poll, the Chairman shall be entitled to a second or casting vote.
- The instrument appointing a proxy shall be in writing in common form under the hand of the appointer and shall be lodged with the Board at least 48 hours before the time of the meeting at which the proxy is to be used. No person shall be appointed a proxy who is not a shareholder.